Thursday, December 10, 2015

Never buy a moto G on Amazon!!!

I purchased a Moto G Universal 4G LTE from Amazon,  which is just  the start of a long nightmare.

The phone kept on heating up when using Google Map to navigate
It reacted extremely slow when you installed more than 20 apps
It sometimes said the SIM card is not detectable.

Later on, around 4 months after the purchase, it occasionally powers off automatically and sometimes it shows up a blue developer screen.

And 7 months after the purchase, it permanently powered off.

I called Moto G, but they kept on asking me to do meaningless troubleshoots. They asked me to wait almost a whole hour in total in line while they did documentation and communicated between different departments. They even tried several times to setup joint-department conference calls, which however didn't solve the problem at all. What the repair department told me really shocked me:

       It's a phone produced in UK. I have to call a number in UK in order to just get the information about what I could do about the phone.

That really pissed me off. Not because the phone is bad, not because the customer system is so poorly organized, but just because the time it ate up for this cheap phone.

I called Amazon and they insisted that they are not responsible for the warranty but only for the return, which has just passed.
Come on! How can you put a 1-year warranty advertisement there without actually commiting it? That's misleading!

I'm still contacting Amazon to get an exception for this in order to return. I'll trust Amazon's customer service. Hope everything goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment